|• Save the date, June 2, 2013, for the next performance of the Maitland Symphony Orchestra. Click the image on the left to see our beautiful poster by Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson. You’ve got to experience Jeff’s teaser for this concert.
Sat. April 13th (festival runs 9-5)
10-10:45am ~ Dustin Strafford
11-11:45am ~ Logan & Vonny
12-1pm ~ Colby Dance Studio
1:15-2pm ~ Suzuki School
2:30-3:30pm ~ David Olson
4-5pm ~ Tree-Oh!
|PAM at the Maitland Spring Festival of the Arts
• PAM’s Maitland Stage Band performed at the 2013 Maitland Spring Festival of the Arts, April 14 at 2:30 p.m.. Schedule of PAM performers was:
Sun. April 14th (festival runs 10-4)
10-11am ~ Dan Jordan Trio
11:30-12:30pm ~ Brian Smalley
1-2pm ~ Tangent
2:30-4 ~ MSB
Play the video below to hear an OrangeTV interview with Jeff Flowers.
If the video is not visible, click the pARTicipate! link below to goto the OrangeTV website.
PAM wishes to acknowledge the generous support of United Arts of Central Florida
|Each year, the Organizational Project Grants (OPG) Program awards matching project grants to nonprofit cultural organizations of Central Florida to sustain ongoing projects, as well as to recognize and support imaginative and/or experimental ideas for arts, sciences, humanities and other cultural activities. Learn more about The United Arts of Central Florida.|
PAM Gets On the Bus
Get to Know Us Better
The Performing Arts of Maitland is proud to be recognized as one of the first nonprofits in Central Florida to be totally transparent. You’ll be seeing a lot about a new knowledge base established by the Community Foundation of Central Florida to help donors and philanthropists validate the organizations they support. You can be among the first to visit and see everything from our management, governance, and programs to an in-depth look at our finances that is searchable and validated. The Community Foundation’s leadership believes this new site will allow local nonprofits more exposure to the community, new sources of funding and improved performance. To see our Portrait, click here . To search the knowledge base or share it with others, visit www.mycfcf.org .
| Watch our video. The end is great!
The City of Maitland’s 125th
Bug Mug Street Band
This umbrella organization is determined that the arts continue to play an integral role in helping the Maitland community establish and maintain its cultural identity. On this site you will find information on the Maitland Symphony Orchestra (MSO), the Maitland Farmers Market (M3), the Maitland Poets and Writers (MPW) and the Maitland Stage Band (MSB). Other groups that have been supported by PAM are the Maitland Youth Community Choir (MYcc), and the Resonance Maitland Handbell Ensemble (RMHE).
Performing Arts of Maitland (PAM), became the City of Maitland’s 4th Cultural Partner in December 2006. City staff and community members assisted Jefferson S. Flowers, PAM’s founder, in obtaining 501(c)(3) status by donating their time and resources. With the City as the major funding contributor at this time, the goal is to have a focal point to join with our children and our neighbors to interact with on a human scale, to know each other and learn from each other.
Musicians and performers of all ages share their talents and help bring the arts in their many varieties to this neighborhood, just minutes from downtown Orlando. PAM goals include partnering with the Maitland Historical Society and the Maitland Art Center to build a thing of beauty that all can admire and come together to build.
- M3 small groups perform every Sunday at Lake Lily Park for the Maitland Farmers Market. This venue provides opportunities for a variety of talents from Maitland and its surrounding communities. M3 has performed for the Market since the event started at Quinn Strong Park in Maitland.
- MSO puts on Spring and Holiday concerts at the First Presbyterian Church of Maitland. In the fall of 2008 MSO performed an outdoors evening concert at the Maitland Rotary Arts Festival. MSO is available for other special performances that have a large enough facility to accommodate the 90 or so volunteer musicians.
- Maitland Poets and Writers (MPW) keeps the oral tradition of literature alive by providing opportunities for local literary authors to perform their work, offering our community the benefit of hearing literature out loud.
- Maitland Stage Band (MSB) formed in the summer of 2009. Concerts are planed for the fall.
PAM groups look forward to participating at other community events and private venues. Check out our new poster.
written and performed by Joe Hughes, of Goldenseal
Junie Moon on vocals and Powerful Flowers on viola